Sunday, November 10, 2013

Weekend Recap

 
What a fun weekend!  We had a home game this weekend so Oxford was poppin'!  I spent most of Thursday and early Friday getting ready for our tailgate...relabeling water bottles to say "Ole Miss," painting an old, giant picture frame red, painting terracotta flower pots to look like Colonel Reb...you know, the usual.  My peeps all got to Oxford Friday night.  LOVED, LOVED having some of my best friends in town for the weekend!  Bro-in-law grilled us dinner and of course there was wine involved...apparently more than we really remember...and we all went to a friend's house for a little bit to visit with everyone that was just making it to town.
 
 
Loved my late night cuddles (and impromptu boxing match) with this beautiful lady!  She moved to Nashville shortly after I moved to Oxford and we just haven't been to get able to get together as often as we used to.  It's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, because she didn't get on my nerves once this weekend!  ;)  I kid!  I Love her!  We went to bed meant to go to bed early Friday so we'd be ready for Saturday's festivities, but being reunited with her and my other BFFs proved way too much fun for that to happen. 
 
Still, we got up bright and early...and by bright and early I mean it wasn't bright at all because it was so early...Saturday morning so we could be in the grove by 7a to start setting up for our tailgate.  Ole Miss played Arkansas Saturday, and since it was an early game we had breakfast foods, mimosas, and bloody marys to start the day.
 
our bloody mary bar
 
While most of our group went to the game, a few of us stayed out and awaited the arrival of our main course for the postgame festivities, Petey the Pig.  Like I said earlier, we were playing Arkansas so we knew our main meal would be BBQ.  I mean, makes sense, right?  We were playing the hogs.  We took it one step further and ordered a whole smoked hog.  And by whole, I mean...well, the whole darn thing.
 

Petey the Pig
 
 
Don't worry and don't be offended...we didn't just kill a pig for shits and giggles or to display in bad taste.  We ate him and he was delicious.  And besides, we gave him a proper memorial beforehand:
 
(No, that's not really a picture of our actual pig.  That would be terrible.)
 
Thankfully the Rebs beat Arkansas 34-24 (hotty toddy!).  This meant everyone came back for the postgame tailgate in a good mood and ready to eat!  I'm not even sure there was anything left of that pig by the time we packed up. 
 
By the way, it's ridiculous how much fun can be had with a hanging picture frame and a little chalkboard:


 notice the handcuffs in these two pictures...TROUBLE


 
 
Another exciting thing about Saturday was FINALLY getting to meet this lovely face-to-face!

We've been blog/twitter/instagram friends for over a year.  We met Saturday in person and it felt like we'd been hanging out for years!  Love her to pieces!
 
Loved having my BFF (cousin) and her husband this weekend!  They're Auburn fans, so props to them for playing the Ole Miss part! 
 
After packing up our tailgate we went back to my house to charge our phones (priorities) and take a cat nap before heading over to my friend's house for more cocktails and the Alabama/LSU game.  Our plans to head to the square that night just didn't happen.  I didn't even see the final score of the Bama/LSU game. We were SO worn out from the fun of the day that I'm pretty sure everyone at my house was passed smooth out by 10p!
 
My Sunday has consisted of driving to Memphis, going to church, lunch with mama and little sis, taking care of my brother's chickens, leading youth groups, finishing an article review for my Psychology class, and taking care of a friend's dog.  Normal?  I think so.
 
 
Such a fun weekend!  I loved being around so many people that I adore so much!  How was your weekend?
 
                                                                                                               Jess
 



1 comment:

  1. That bloody mary bar looks amazing...I want one right.meow!! ;)

    ReplyDelete