Wednesday, December 28, 2016

2016 Highlights

I'm the worst blogger in the history of blogging.  It's the last week of 2016 and I thought I'd jump on here a write a quick note...then I realized I haven't posted anything since this time last year.  Oops.
 
So let's talk about 2016.  WOOOOOO, Y'ALL!  This year has SUUUUUUUUCKED!  I can easily and honestly say it's been the hardest year I can remember.  SO...I'm going to use this post to highlight for you some of the good things that happened this year and then share my plan to make 2017 better.  K? Here we go..
 
UPDATE:
Ok, I have started typing and then deleting 5 times already.  I'm trying to keep things positive 'cause I can't stand a crybaby, but y'all, this was a really, really tough year!  Not that nothing good happened, it did.  But it just seemed that the bad outweighed the good.  The stress outweighed the peace.  Every time it would seem things were starting to look up something would knock me right back on my ass. I tried to sit here and pinpoint one great, wonderful thing that happened each month that I could tell you about, complete with smiley pictures and everything and I just couldn't do it.  When I start to feel like this I just have to take a minute and count my blessings, y'all, so that's what I'm going to do.  I am so blessed.  I have the absolute best family a girl could ask for.  I have the coolest dog on the planet.  I have the cutest house you've ever seen.  I have fun friends.  I have a great job.  I, along with the people I love, are for the most part pretty healthy.  I've gotten to do some pretty cool traveling.  My freezer is full.  I serve a mighty and awesome God.  I am so, so blessed.  I know I am better off than a whole lot of people. Yes, this year has been hard, but I do believe it's made me stronger.  I've definitely learned a lot.  Now I'm going to take what 2016 has taught me and make 2017 better.  Blessins and Lessons, y'all.  Blessins and Lessons.
 
This week I've started cleaning up to get ready for the new year, to start fresh.  Cleaning up my house.  Cleaning up my car.  Cleaning up my mind, my body, my spirit, my soul.  Cleaning up the people that I don't think were meant to crossover into 2017 with me.  I'm optimistic.  (Y'all know...that whole "new year, new me" BS..) We are not completely in control of how things go, but we do have some control.  I didn't do a very good job this year but the strength I've built and the lessons I've learned are going to help me do a better job next.   (Maybe I'll even do a better job keeping up with this blog.)
 
So welcome, 2017!  Raise a glass, y'all.  Or hell, raise the whole bottle, 'cause we deserve it.  Happy New Year!  Go to hell, LSU and 2016!  #hottytoddy
 
XOXO,
Jess




No comments:

Post a Comment